Saturday, October 25, 2008

slowing down

Ah, finally, a slow-down. This week we had an ear infection, which meant lots of mommy & me time for the little one. It does explain why she's been so ultra-clingy lately, not to mention cranky and just plain unpleasant to be around. Granted, we've been so busy, I'm pretty sure that she hasn't had enough at-home, attention-from-mommy time. We also had some guests this week: my friend Leta and my 20-month old goddaughters (twins!) What an eye-opening experience. Leta has my utmost respect for being able to handle having two toddlers going through all the same stages--at the same time. They were here for 3 1/2 days, and now that I am back to the one, I'm feeling really relaxed. I'm really glad they came though. C enjoyed playing with the twins, even asking a) if she could keep Katie and b) where the friends were when she woke up the morning after they left. It was so nice for Mommy to have a grown-up to talk to in the evening and the night time. That's the hardest time, I think, during a deployment. For now, though, we're back to the new normal.

No comments: