Friday, January 29, 2010

Rodeo, "Radio"

C had a special event at preschool today in honor of Kansas Day. She's been talking to me all day, telling me about her day. They had a rodeo (C pronounces it "radio") and all dressed as cowboys. Here are her words in the order she told me the story:

We sat on a saddle and threw a hula hoop on the cow. The play cow, not a real cow, so don't worry, the cow didn't get hurt. We put our face through a cage, a plastic cage with doors open and close and put our face in it and peeked out. We stayed in our cowboy clothes and didn't dress up in costumes. After we choosed our jobs, we went to the big room! And then we sat on a horse and threw the hula hoop. I got TWO turns! Everybody got two turns. Then we milked the cow out of a hand! It looked like a people hand, but it wasn't.

Then we did music. We sat around a fire. Not a real fire, we made a fire with paper and bags and logs chopped into pieces and lightbulbs. We made the bags look like fire and we all sat around it then they turned out the lights and the lightbulbs shined out. We didn't have snack in the classroom we had it on the floor in the big room. We got to sit on the floor. We had a meatloaf and a bread and a napkin for our mought and a cup for our chocolate milk and I ate it all! Then we threw it in the trash.

When we found all the rocks (they were "panning" for gold") we gotted a prize. We each gotted a prize for getting all the rocks. I gotted all the rocks first and I winned this ring. Actually, I remember what Mrs. Andrews told us what the stop sign on the floor was for. We sticked the stick between our legs adn we galloped to the stop sign and turned around and went back and that's how we raced the stick horses. Not real horses. I gotted to ride the pretty pony with the roses on it. Then James went on the brown one.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Love it. She is precious.

Kimberly said...

Yeah, and when I ask Sophie what she did at school she says, "I don't know. I don't remember." Good for Cassie and her good stories!

Autumn said...

Adorable! Love the milking of the "people" hand!