Sunday, March 2, 2008

Do it myself...

seems to be the mantra lately from my little girl, whether she's actually saying it or not. We've had a number of exciting things develop in the last few days. We've started consciously potty training. I'd planned to wait until summer, but C had other ideas. Earlier this week I heard a shriek from the bathroom and went running to see what had happened. C was standing there with her pullup and pants around her ankles and poo was all over the potty and her legs. She was crying, "I pooped!" *bawl* "I pooped!" *bawl* She was none too happy about having created a mess. (Don't know what I'm going to do about her mess issues.) She'd decided to try the potty on her own. I think they've been working the potty thing at the CDC and she'd taken it into her head to try it at home. F and I cleaned her up and told her over and over how proud we were that she'd tried the potty, because I'm concerned that she's intimidated about it now. However, last night I made her sit on her potty while I ran the bath, and she finally "made water" in it. The other big accomplishment was at the playground yesterday morning. There's a curved ladder that she climbed with Daddy's help at Irwin and at first yesterday. By the time we left the park though, she was doing it all by herself. I'm glad the weather was finally nice enough to go the the playground. We've been driving past the playgrounds, and she's called out wanting to go play, but we couldn't. She was so excited when we said "playground"! Pictures follow of our excursion.


No comments: