Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dance Recital...Priceless

C performed in her first dance recital this evening. It's been quite the undertaking, and more expensive a prospect than I truly expected. Dance lessons, costume, recital fees, DVD of the performance, t-shirt, pictures... Oh my. But tonight, it was all worth it. C's class was one of the two youngest to perform, and I thought they stole the show. The theme was "Tropical Journey" and all the groups had costumes and song choices that (sort of) fit into a water or beach idea. C's class were the Mermaids, and they were delightful. All the little girls remembered their parts, and even though I know the teachers were offstage coaching them, it wasn't obvious. Not only did the onstage portion go well, but C handled the backstage wait like a champ. They were back there for 2 hours and parents were asked not to bring any personal items...so I don't know how they were kept busy, but they were still happy when they were all done. I am so proud of her! After the recital, we followed up with a family tradition. When I was little, my sister and I took dance lessons and every year my grandparents would come from out of town to see our recital. Afterwards, they always took us for ice cream at Dairy Queen. So, we did the same. My parents came to watch the recital, and we had dinner at DQ after the show. It's neat seeing it come full circle. Here we are, getting ready and posing in her costume before the show.

6 comments:

manhattandoula said...

Oh my, she is super-cute! I would have loved to see her dancing!

Kimberly said...

What a pretty little mermaid!

Autumn said...

Adorable!!

crazyjoyjoy said...

She is such a pretty little girl! I miss her!

Donna said...

Wow, she's gotten so big. And she has hair, lots of it. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! vintage wedding dresses. Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Shoes Simple Wedding Dresses