Friday, May 15, 2009

Do I Get a Coin?

It's a few days after the 1-year mark, but I'm celebrating one-year being soda-free. Last year at this time I decided to give up sodas, soft-drinks, colas, whatever-you-want-to-call-them. I don't really know what led to the decision, except for noticing that my then-2-year-old was trying to drink my soda and I didn't want her to start the habit yet. I'm sure there were other factors, but I don't really remember them a year later. I gave my neighbors my two 12-packs of my Coke Zero from my pantry and determined that if I was giving away that much money in soda, I was going to follow-through, by-gosh-and-by-golly! Aside from a little Ginger Ale to soothe an upset stomach, I have succeeded. I've switched to tea--both hot and iced--and drink a lot more water than I used to. I did have a sip at an event about a month ago, and ended up pouring the rest of the cup I'd been poured down the drain. The taste no longer appealed!

4 comments:

manhattandoula said...

You are very inspiring to me! Maybe I should follow your example. Thinking about it. . .

Unknown said...

great job, b! do you feel better?

crazyjoyjoy said...

That's wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking.wedding dresses. Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Heels Designer Wedding Gowns