Saturday, May 26, 2007

Cassie moment: car goes "vroom" & shoes

Lately I've been noticing the beginnings of "pretend play" in Cassie's toy-time, but tonight I realized that pretend is something she "gets". Cassie has some squirty bath toy vehicles: a car, firetruck, airplane and boat, courtesy of Christmas from Gramma Lippert. Until tonight's bathtime, she's only taken them from me once I fill them with water and squirted. This evening, however, she took the car and "drove" it all over the bottom of the tub, making a "vroom"ing sound. Then, she took the plane and made it "fly", making the same "vroom"ing sound. My baby girl is growing up.

Speaking of growing up, we bought her first "big girl" shoes today, her first that aren't the cloth beginner shoes. Note: the cloth shoes follow a different size schedule than the soled shoes. We tried on several pairs, but she definitely made her preference known. She put the white tennies with the pink gems into the cart herself, saying "shoes", but said "off" to the white sneakers with flowers. She then carried her new butterfly-topped white sandals through the rest of our trip to Wal-Mart and showed them to our friends we encountered on the way. I'm afraid I have a bit of a girly-girl on my hands, much to Daddy's chagrin. I think he's hoping he'll have someone to play toy-soldiers with someday...since he's upstairs painting some to match the Eternian colors from He-Man. Maybe his soldiers can rescue princesses?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know, I feel like Sophie's growing up so fast...learning so much...I can relate! And she loves her big girl shoes too. Are you going to post some pictures?? I'd love to see an updated one of Cassie!