Saturday, July 12, 2008

Weeds...growing like one

I've been reading this fantastic book series by Lauraine Snelling. Well, an ongoing series that's been split into three parts. Astrid, one of the main character's daughters asks her mother repeatedly why weeds grow so much faster than their crops. For some reason, this helped me to understand the phrase, "growing like a weed"--finally. And that's been my theme about C lately. She's growing, rather like a weed. She's a small one still, but she has taken root in our family and she is assertive, persistent and unlike a weed, delightful, most of the time. She is also growing so fast lately! I predict I will be buying shoes +1 size within the month. Wasn't it just yesterday she lay there, wiggling her 2-inch, tiny baby feet? Now she's a big girl running, jumping, climbing and dancing in size 7. Granted, her journey through the clothing sizes has been less swift, but I look at her and think, could this really be my baby girl comfortably wearing a 3T? 2T may fit a bit longer, but I can't buy them, or the 24 month clothes anymore. I'm too afraid we'd miss wearing them, because all it's going to take is one more growth spurt. Still don't know what I'll do about pants when the 2Ts are too short. She's so skinny, I'm not sure the 3Ts are going to stay on!

1 comment:

timsarmywifey said...

Hey! Take comfort in the fact she'll probably never be in size 13 like Ross!! he he ....