Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Who We've Become

Last weekend was my 15 year class reunion. I found it really interesting to see how my classmates had changed over the years. I didn't recognize the majority of the men; they'd filled out in so many ways. The ladies--well, they hadn't changed as much. Women apparently find their long-term faces in adolescence. Granted, some I hadn't known to begin with. I spent most of the evening walking up to people I'd once known, at least cursorily, reintroducing myself and asking for names. From a girl who once stood under the tree just waiting for someone to invite her to play, this was quite the change. I am reminded again that all that stuff from our childhood and high school really doesn't matter. What matters is the people we've become, and whether or not we're content with the lives we have. Something one of my classmates said rang all too true, "When it all comes down to it, we're all just doing the same things just in different towns." After 15 years, we all talked about the same things: our kids, our jobs and where we've been. We're all facing the same kinds of challenges. As Michele also said, "we're just trying our best to raise our kids and make good lives for ourselves." Any y'know what, I'm pretty content with my life as I'm living it. I just thought I'd share what I realized after 15 years. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing. and i love the WOF pics. i need to get s there sometime soon...

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. cap sleeve wedding dresses Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Shoes Princess A-Line