Saturday, October 27, 2007

Wong Memory

I think C has inherited the Wong memory, also known as the memory of an elephant. I think I will have to be careful because she'll never forget anything I ever say...that I want her to. A month or so ago the axel on her wooden scooter cracked, and I sent it to Papa in the hopes that he'd have the woodworking tools to fix it or remake it. I put the remaining scooter parts in the garage. When we left to go in the car, she kept trying to ride it without the wheels, gouging the bolt into the pavement. I finally told her it was broken, but Papa was going to send us a part to fix it. After that, she left the scooter alone. Papa did indeed see to it that we got a new part, by asking the shop teacher at the local high school to do it, and we got the part about two weeks ago. (Yes, I'm just now getting 'round to blogging about it.) When I opened the package, I told C that we were going out to the garage to get her scooter. (I mentioned nothing about Papa at all!) She ran to the garage, shouted "Papa fix! Papa fix!" and started dancing around. She remembered what I'd told her weeks ago. It took a bit to get it put back together, as she kept trying to "help". Here she is though, happy girl, to have her toy back.





No comments: