Saturday, February 9, 2008

Jehovah-Jireh and then some

A year or so ago, I had the opportunity to engage in a study of the Word based on the names of God. The one I really remember (because, well, I have to confess I didn't keep up on the reading as well as I ought...sorry Nicolle) was Jehovah-Jireh, God the Provider. We discussed this image in depth, and how God provides all good things to His children, who trust in Him, and ask for His provision. I have to testify that God truly does hear the prayers of His children, and He does more than provide, if we trust Him to. He provides more than we need, He blesses! In September, when we found out about this move, I fretted and fumed about housing, and of course started researching all the options. I discovered quickly that if I wanted to live on post, which I did since F's leaving, I had little to no control over what kind of house we would get. I started praying about our house, and asked just about every woman of faith around me to pray too (okay, yes I'm a bit selfish). In December we found out that we might not be allowed to live on post, and I started fretting and fuming again, and tried to take control of the situation myself. After torturing myself for several days, I finally went back to prayer, and the of/on-post issue was resolved. I reached a peace and a sense of trust about our house options, a willingness to take with gratitude what was available. Then, mid-January before leaving, I learned that our only option was going to be a house about 700 square feet smaller than our then-current home. I went to work trying to figure out how to get our furniture into it. It was going to be tight, and perhaps uncomfortable, but I managed, at least with my little to-scale furniture papers. When I called housing on our way to set up a time to meet, I learned that our options had changed! We arrived to find ourselves able to take the option of a LOVELY (approx) 2000 sq. foot home/apt with everything all on one level! There will be NO problems fitting everything (our room might be tight just b/c of the size of the rooms themselves), _and_ we even have space for a guest room in addition to the scrapbook area. The change in availability was a last-minute one, which I am confident the Lord orchestrated. I have to give all the credit for this amazing space to God and God alone. He has done more than provide for our needs. He blessed us with abundance! Our neighbors are also folks we knew at Irwin back about 2 years and across the way is a friend of F's from his years at Hood. Wow...a great space, and friends too. Now we're just waiting on delivery of our household goods. Will let ya'll know how the decorating goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! that's so great! it was so good to spend time with your family. cassie forgot her sippy cup, sorry.

timsarmywifey said...

Glad you got in to housing (;p still sorry) sounds like you have one similar to Kristin's -- Infantry barracks??? It was nice and big but a bit of a weird layout and the bedrooms were small. My boys would love that long hallways though that she has for running!

Glad you arrived safely and are getting settled.