Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm "benign"

For those of you who knew, or those of you who are finding out by reading this post, I had surgery on the 26th for a mystery-lump in my jaw area. It had grown between February and September '07, so the doctors ran further tests. I had a CT scan that showed it was an enlarged lymph node, which could potentially be cancerous, but the blood work did not indicate "markers" for malignancy, but the surgeon felt it would be prudent to remove the mass. The surgery went fine; my scar is healing nicely; and the tests results are in. The mass was/is benign in nature, the result of something Dr. Martin (why do I keep thinking about shoes when I say that?) called "reactive hyperplasia." Just thought I'd share the news, now that it's all done and over with. For those who knew and were in prayer over this with me--thank you for your prayers as I prepared, recovered and waited for results.

No comments: