Wednesday, November 14, 2007

She's SOOO Two

That's right, we've celebrated C's second birthday! She's into Thomas, so this year's theme was "train". Of course, our Day with Thomas was part of her celebration, but we also had a little get-together with friends, cake, presents and ice cream. Even though we invited more than two friends, only two were able to come, and I think I may keep the idea going--of having as many guests as the child is years' old. Two guests was manageable. I tried to have a little train-based craft for the kiddos, but I ended up sending the kit home with our guests as a "later favor" that they could do with their mommies at home. Our cake was awesome--my friend Mandy is super-talented at all things baking, and she made it for us. C recognized it both as cake and Thomas and wanted it immediately upon it's arrival at our house. It was quite a feat, keeping her fingers out of the frosting. She blew the candle out all by herself--before I could even get poised to assist. What a big girl! She also opened all her presents herself, much to her guests' chagrin. They wanted to help something awful! I think much of their frustration (havens, even some of my frustration!) was due to her opening strategy: one strip of paper was torn off at a time, and meticulously placed off to the side in a little pile. She was so excited by each one of her toys that she wanted to play with them right then. I had to take them away and insist that she finish opening. Each of the presents has already found it's place in the daily life of the Wong household though, to be played with, loved and not forgotten at the bottom of the toy baskets.

Here's a few pictures.

No comments: