Monday, September 3, 2007

Aaack! I'm raising a tvophile

Well, my intentions were good, but I started something that I think I'm beginning to regret. I was sick some time ago, and so I could rest, just left the tv on PBS. It was all well and good for a bit, but then we took that trip to San Diego and bought the DVD player and the Thomas DVDs. She is now officially addicted to the big entertainment box...specifically Curious George, Thomas the Train, and Clifford, the Big Red Dog. Her favorite is Curious George, of course. However, she has also learned to say "George," "monkey," "Thomas," and "choo-choo," often at the top of her lungs. At least she also loves the books about George and Thomas so we do get to read fairly often as well. I really didn't intend to let her watch this much television, but it's such an easy way to make her happy. Ugh. At least I'm becoming well-versed in children's public television. How 'bout the rest of you. Do you find the television on more often than you'd like, or am I just a lazy Mommy?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I try to limit the TV to an hour or less a day...some days we go over a bit, but we pretty much stick to that. She watches some of Clifford or Curious G during breakfast, and then part of Sesame Street or Teletubbies later in the morning. It's so nice to have a little break, and most of the shows are educational. By the way, thanks for the b-day card!

Dreamin said...

It is amazing how fast TV can become a part of their lives. The girls are only 6 months and they already will sit and watch TV. Guess that means that mommy will need to watch less of it also. :P