Sunday, September 23, 2007

Orders

That's right, we've gotten orders for the next assignment, and it looks like a move will take place shortly after the Winter Leave period, also known as Christmas Break, though not closely enough to move during the leave period...thank goodness. Also involved will be a deployment. This will be my first as an Army Wife. Not sure just how I feel about that just yet; I'm still trying to wrap my head around leaving Ft. Irwin. In the last 10 years, (since college, basically) I've lived here longer than anywhere else, and it feels odd to think about moving again. My head is spinning with all the details that have to be worked out and plans that have to be made. Not really looking forward to home-hunting from a distance again. However, the internet makes that a whole lot easier. I'm also having heartache leaving so many friends, and in the middle of the year, not at the usual PCS-season, and all the familiarity of the area. However, we are moving back to a relatively familiar landscape, and I have several friends once-from-here, who are now there. The move was planned, as we expected F to go to school this summer. It's just not quite on my timetable. I wasn't so "happy" about the move at first, more "practical" but God has truly provided His peace, in scripture and in circumstances. I'm ready to plan, and so, we're off to Fort Leavenworth sooner, rather than later! Kansas friends...see you soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa...you're so stoic about this. I guess you're used to it as a military wife. Good luck with all the preparations.

timsarmywifey said...

HUGS!!! It'll be ok and just remember that some of your friends from Irwin are already at Leavenworth or will follow you shortly! Wish some of you would come our way! To bad S isn't there to watch C while the movers are there.